Sunday, January 7, 2007

Passport to....



I just have to note my comment on Malaysian Government services. Slow as a turtle. I sent my passport to the High Commissioner for Malaysia for renewal. I requested the non-microchip passport which i have been told by the staff that it will takes only several weeks. I was shocked and impressed that i will be able to get it so soon. However to my disappointment, i received a letter of confirmation from the High Com. stating that it will take approximately 8 weeks to process it. I couldnt really care less or more about it since i dont really need the passport so soon.

As we are approaching the chinese new year (I might be heading back to Kuala Lumpur for the occasion), i still have not receive my new passport. Hence, i rang them last Thursday to check on the status of the process. The lady had to take my number and told me they will ring me back tomorrow. Tomorrow? Cant you do it now or later and get back to me? Today i decided to take the intiative to ring them again as i didnt get any call from them on Friday (expected). Finally got through to someone who can look through the system (or file cabinets coz i dunno what they are using and it took like 3-5 mins) while i am holding on the other end of the phone. Apparently it is all done and ready. Why cant they just send it earlier? Inefficient i would say.

No comments: